Building a Foam Core Powerboat

This site will report on the building of the 'Hawk41', a 41ft sea-going launch. It's specifications are: - Length: 12.50 m - Length waterline: 12.07 m - Beam: 3.27 m - Draft: 0.75 m - Displacement: 4.3 t - Engine Power: 184 kW.
The vessel will be constructed from a foam core sandwich using the 'controlled vacuum infusion' technique.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The people that I met

Visited the Metstrade Fair yesterday. This is a BIG fair!
These are the people I met (among others):
Arjen Korevaar from Polyworx, Iman Padmos from Padmos Steyr Motors Benelux, Leigh Michau from Q-SPD; Rob Wink from RobWink Serious Seatools and Pieter A. van der Weide from the European Certification Bureau Nederland BV. I also met Peter Bosgraaf who was accompanied by Daan Kornet. The latter is studying the possible choices with respect to the drive. I suppose he will be the one who is going to decide if the QuantumDrive from Q-SPD must be the way to go!
The coming days I will come back on my conversations with these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home